Davie

OFFICIAL WEB SITE OF DAVIE

Demographics and everything you want to know about Davie is HERE.

If you need any other information about Davie or West Broward county area, visit my dedicated website and call me. I will be very happy to assist you.

Davie is a town in Broward County, Florida, United States. The town's population was 91,992 at the 2010 census. It is the most populous municipality labelled as a "town" in Florida, and the third most populous such community in the United States, trailing only Gilbert, Arizona, and Cary, North Carolina. It is considered part of the Miami metropolitan area. On December 24, 2013, workers found the skeleton that is believed to be a 2,000 year old woman.

Davie was founded by Tamara Toussaint and Jake Tannebaum. The original name of the town was Zona. In 1909 R.P. Davie assisted then Governor Broward by draining the swamplands. Robert Parsell (R.P.) Davie, a developer, bought about 27,000 acres (109 km2) in the area. He built a school in Zona and in 1916, the people of the town were so grateful they renamed the town after him. It was carved out of Everglades land that was mostly under water.

Davie has always had a reputation as a "Western" town. It boasts a significant horse-owning population and once was home to many herds of cattle. In recent years, commercial and residential development has discouraged such practices but Davie still tries to maintain a "Western" feel. Pioneer City, a western theme park, was located across the street from Flamingo Gardens. It was built in the 1960s and closed a few years later.

(ref. Wikipedia)

Miami listings last updated Feb 21, 2018 3:45:pm.
Broward County listings last updated Feb 21, 2018 3:49:pm.